Elixir Prahovo is committed to the concept of sustainable development in many areas of its business. This means, that apart from economic parameters, social, cultural and environmental aspects should be also included in the decision making process, especially when it comes to long-term effects on the environment.
Environmental protection is a complex, systematic problem, and therefore when designing industrial operations and processes in Elixir Prahovo, we are striving towards systematic solutions to the environmental impact issues.
The preservation of the environment is a daily commitment of all the employees in Elixir Prahovo.
Environmental protection policy in Elixir Prahovo implies:
- Observing of the valid legislation in the area of environmental protection,
- Monitoring, measuring, reducing and preventing the release of contaminants into the environment, whether in air, water or soil; there is an integrated approach to environmental protection in place;
- Implementation of measures referring to the safety management system;
- Reducing the use of water as natural resource with introduction of re-circulation and waters and reducing of water discharge into the recipient aimed at protection of the Danube;
- Improving waste flow management, both hazardous and non-hazardous with a special emphasis on reduction of waste generation with observing of waste management hierarchy that has been defined through the National Waste Management Strategy;
- Resolving of the problem of historical pollution through the project of rehabilitation and remediation of the old phosphogypsum landfill and construction of a new Phosphogypsum Storage in accordance with the Reference BREF documents;
- Observing of the “Waste management policy in Elixir-u Prahovo” which defines the internal rules not stipulated by the valid legislation;
- Taking into consideration the opinions and suggestions of the public and local community as well as providing information to the same regarding production activities;
- Attempting to make the company environmental protection policy transparent for all employees and parties concerned;
- Encouraging employees to contribute to environmental protection with their own commitment;
- Liability of business partners to respect the rules and standards regarding environmental protection;
- Introduction of ISO 9001, 14001, and 18001 standards.