Elixir Prahovo has the following standards:
ISO 9001: 2015 – Quality management system
ISO 14001: 2015 – Environmental Management System
ISO 45001: 2018 – Occupational health and safety management system
GMP+B2 – Production of Feed Ingredients
All investments into Elixir Prahovo production capacities, as well as the planned investments in the future, are, among other things, also in the function of environmental protection.
Elixir Prahovo intends harmonise all proposed solutions in the investment projects with recommendations in the reference documents and best available techniques (BREF documents) which are relevant to the production process and activities in Elixir Prahovo, as well as with legal regulations in the area of environmental protection.
PROJECTS AND INVESTMENTS:
- Investments into the existing phosphoric acid production plant;
- Construction of the coal-powered power plant for the production of dry saturated vapour needed by the production plants;
- Investments into the reconstruction of the existing storage capacities, transport systems and purchase of new lines for final products packaging;
- Investments into the reconstruction of the existing NPK fertilizers production plant;
- Investments into the reconstruction of the existing SSP and TSP fertilizers production plant (single and triple superphosphates);
- Construction of a new sulphuric acid storage;
- Restoration of the existing tank storages: for phosphoric acid, sulphuric acid and ammonia;
- Investments into logistics and infrastructure.
Priority activities and projects in the function of environmental protection:
- Installation of more efficient systems for waste gasses treatment in all production plants in Elixir Prahovo, for the purpose of bringing the emission of pollutants to the level of limit values prescribed by the law.
- Adjusting of the existing waste water treatment method for the purpose of harmonisation with the provisions of the Law on Waters and BAT (Best Available Techniques).
- Construction of new phosphogypsum storage in accordance with the reference BREF document;
- Restoration and remediation of the existing phosphogypsum landfill;
- Restoration of the existing tanks and reservoirs for ammonia;
- Restoration of the existing tanks and reservoirs for phosphoric acid;
- Restoration of the existing tanks and reservoirs for sulphuric acid;
- Construction of a new storage for sulphuric acid.
THE AIM OF “ELIXIR PRAHOVO” IS TO HARMONISE ITS DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGIES WITH THE RECOMMENDATIONS IN REFERENCE BREF DOCUMENTS, IN ORDER TO MEET ALL THE CONDITIONS NECESSARY FOR OBTAINING THE INTEGRATED PERMIT.
As a special objective, we can also mention the continuous improvements and progress in environmental protection management for the purpose of reducing negative impacts and degradation of the environment.